Moonbeaming: The Online Course
October 8th- November 12th, 2018
This workshop from Sarah Faith Gottesdiener aims to enhance your personal magical practice, and specifically introduce and immerse you into living with the cycles of the Moon. The Moonbeaming course will help you create your own magic in your day-to-day life. While there are technically 9 phases that a magical practitioner can tune into, this course will focus on the 5 major phases of the Moon: Full, Waning, Dark, New, and Waxing. The subtleties of each Moon phase will be introduced and analyzed, and you will learn ways to work with each phase’s energy– magically, spiritually, and practically.
Taught by Sarah Faith Gottesdiener, the material in the Moonbeaming course has been developed over the past 13 years (by Sarah), and is founded in magic, witchcraft, mindful meditation, feminist self-help, and non-religious spirituality. Students can tailor and personalize the discussions and exercises to their own personal practice and pace. In this course, you will receive exclusive content that includes worksheets, meditations, tarot pulls, spells and more.
All levels of practice are welcome. For some, this may be a beginning into a spiritual or magical practice. For others, this course can serve as a gentle yet immersive focus on yourself and your dreams as you finish up the year. This self-study is designed to support you as you deepen your own practice and intuition; students interested in the Moonbeaming workshop should begin the class with one or two issues or themes they’re looking to explore. Clear goals – such as self love, forgiveness, boundaries, etc. – that can be measured and tracked, are key to benefitting from the Moonbeaming workshop. Those goals can be defined anyway but there must be a path of attainment that can be measured. We will be taking a holistic, 360-degree approach to the nuances of each Moon phase and how we work with them in our magic; each segment of the moon phase will require an action towards your specific goal.
Moon time is spiral time – there is no “right” or “wrong” way to experience or connect. This class will ask you to make the needed changes in your psyche and life, and connect you to your mind, body, and spirit more deeply. Even if you only do the bare minimum that is required of you in this course, you will see shifts and changes in your life.
*Please note what we will NOT be diving into deeply: Astrology, and menstrual cycles/bleeding. Sarah is not an astrologer, nor is she a medical professional. You can most certainly augment this class with your own studies/noticing around these realms, as you are taking the online workshop.
Materials: For this online course you will need a journal, a pen, and a tarot or oracle deck. If you feel called to participate in spells and rituals, other materials will be needed, but are flexible. Materials will be hosted on HighTail and lectures on Zoom. You will need access to the internet.
Time Commitment: You will need about 2 hours a week for the class, and at least 1- 2 hours additionally each week for journaling, rituals, and other self-development activities.
The recordings, meditations, tarot pulls, and worksheets are yours to keep forever. Due to the nature of the content provided in the course, refunds are not offered.
Below is a basic outline of dates and times for the live sessions, as well as a brief course overview:
Monday, October 8th 2018
6 pm-8 pm Pacific Standard Time
All About the Moon: traditions, metaphors, the moon in history, the Moon in magic. We will discuss living in Moon time, and all the different ways we can work with the Moon.
Monday, October 15th 2018
6 pm-8 pm PST
The Moon and You: spell work, ritual, and the subconscious. The Moon as a guide to your internal rhythms. Suggestions on how to work through one full Moon cycle. Ways in which to integrate change through mind, body, spirit, and magic.
Monday, October 22nd 2018
6 pm-8 pm PST
Full Moon: All about the Full Moon. Ways to work with Her energy—practical and magical. Tarot cards that resonate with this very potent phase of the Moon. Suggested spells/activities.
Monday, October 29 2018
6 pm-8 pm PST
Waning Moon- to Dark Moon: all about the waning Moon/ dark Moon energy. Ways to work with these phases—practical and magical. Tarot cards that resonate with this phase of the Moon. Supported activities during this time.
Monday, November 5th 2018
6 pm-8 pm PST
New Moon: all about the New Moon. Ways to work with these intentional and seeding energy.
Monday, November 12th 2018
6 pm- 8 pm PST
Waxing Moon: all about this phase. Our energy, our actions. Suggestions on building spells and attracting spells.
Who This Workshop Is For:
- Empowered individuals who are ready to experience their own magic.
- Anyone wishing to deeply commit to a lunar practice, in a supportive environment, for the 7 weeks of the course.
- Anyone who is unsure about how to work through an entire moon cycle in a focused, consistent fashion.
- Anybody hoping to introduce and integrate more spirituality and intuition into their daily life.
- Anyone desiring tools, techniques, and suggestions from a seasoned, practicing, feminist witch.
- Anyone wishing to go inward, to reset and recommit to themselves and their dreams.
- Anybody who is ready and willing to make changes in their life in service of their dreams.
- Someone who is ready to live more in tune with their own natural rhythms and cycles.
- Anybody who is ready to focus on their intuition, their desires, and dreams.
Who This Workshop Is Not For:
- Those seeking mentorship or individual guidance from Sarah. Please sign-up for a Tarot reading if you’re looking for personal inquiries or guidance that’s specific to your life only.
- Anyone who feels like they cannot learn from live lectures, worksheets, Tarot pulls, and/or an assigned partner.
- Anybody who is not an independent learner or who is not ready to look at their shadow, face some fears, and move forward in one or more areas of their life.
- Anyone who is not committed to making changes in their life, taking chances, and developing their intuition.
- Anyone who wants to know solely about lunar astrology— we will briefly touch upon astrology, but Sarah is not an astrologer, and so that will not be the focus of the course at all.
- Anybody who follows a “love and light”, patriarchal, heteronormative way of looking at magic and spirituality.
- Those looking to dip in and out of working on their dreams, goals, and practice. This a class for those with clear goals in regards to their self work.
Sarah Faith Gottesdiener is an artist, designer, writer, and Tarot reader. For the past 6 years, Sarah has taught classes on Moonbeaming, intuition, Tarot, and other metaphysical subjects. For the past 3 years, Sarah has written 6 workbooks guiding readers through the phases of the Moon in real time called Many Moons. Many Moons has gone on to become a cult classic, selling over 30,000 copies and inspiring thousands of people to live in Lunar time. A benefit edition of the past two Many Moons has raised over $20,000 for various grassroots organizations and non-profits, such as Black Lives Matter, and the NAACP Legal Defense Fund. Many Moons will also be a book, published by St. Martins Press, in late 2019/ early 2020. Sarah has been studying the Tarot since 2003, and has given thousands of readings since she began reading professionally in 2011. Learn more about Sarah Gottesdiener here.
To learn more about this upcoming online workshop, sign up for the Moonbeaming newsletter by Sarah Faith Gottesdiener below.
Please Note: this online workshop will be the only opportunity to work with Sarah in a class format for 2018.
If you’ve enjoyed any of my writing, newsletters, services or products consider helping me via PayPal Tip Jar: