[SOLD OUT] Intention Setting for New Cycles:
A Workshop with Amanda Yates Garcia & Sarah Faith Gottesdiener [SOLD OUT]
Clarifying your intentions for the year, and performing ceremony to “bake those intentions in,” is an ideal way to empower yourself to create the life you want in 2019.
At the beginning of the year, we are galvanized. We get a fresh start!
As every witch knows, all magic begins with setting our intentions. Without clear intentions, we’re unlikely to get very far. But when we create measurable, achievable goals the world opens up for us because we know exactly where we’re going and what we need to do to get there.
New Year’s ceremonies provide us with an opportunity to regroup. Now is the time to take stock of the lessons we learned in the previous year, the opportunities we seized, the things we lost, and set ourselves back into balance.
Using tarot to help you set your intentions is a helpful because the tarot helps you focus your experiences so that they are manageable.
Tarot provides us with a way to re-frame our intentions so that they speak to the mythic, archetypal, spiritual essence of our lives. Setting intentions is just more inspiring and fun when you use tarot to do it!
Using the tarot as a guide and magical practices every witch (and witch adjacent person) can enjoy, join Sarah Faith Gottesdiener and Amanda Yates Garcia in their first Strangely Magical online workshop of 2019.
This Workshop Includes:
- A one-hour online workshop with Sarah and Amanda to help you:
- Identify and understand how to work with tarot in your year
- Create effective intentions for 2019
- Maximize your development potential for the coming year
- Anticipate and overcome obstacles in 2019
- Recognize hidden opportunities available to you in the coming year
- Utilize your own unique gifts to make 2019 your best year yet
- Ritual Instructions for Intention Setting Ceremony for 2019
- Ritual Instructions for a Releasing Ceremony for 2018
- PDF document describing how to calculate your birth card (soul card), and how to calculate the card for each year
Instructions to Sign Up
Visit modernwomen.bigcartel.com to purchase your ticket.
- How can I buy this as a gift for someone?
- Great question! This class makes an excellent gift at the perfect price point for a friend. All you have to do is purchase the class as you normally would, and use your friend’s email at check out instead of your own. Simply forward the confirmation to your friend with a sweet message. Your holiday/birthday/just-because-I-love-you shopping is done!
- Can I get a refund if I change my mind, don’t use, or don’t like the workshop?
- The Strange Magic team works hard to provide good value for the courses we create and DO NOT offer refunds for short courses. If you purchase this item, it’s because you trust us to offer you something of value and want to support us in return. We encourage you to take responsibility for your purchasing decisions. If you’re worried you might not like the course material, please continue to enjoy our free podcast, our free newsletters, and our free social media posts. When you feel ready to purchase, we’ll be here.
- What if I can’t be present for the online portion of the course?
- It’s totally no problem if you can’t make the online workshop. We’ll send you a link so you can revisit the workshop as many times as you like. You will still, of course, also have access to the course materials, an audio replay, and transcriptions by the following Tuesday. It will be made clear to you how to use them both through the written instructions and through the workshop replay.
- Will Sarah or Amanda be available to answer personal questions I have about the course material?
- We are going to make certain to provide you with everything you need to get the most out of this course. If you have technical questions, feel free to email us. If you’d like to have further support, please book an appointment with either one (or both!) of us to get your own private session where we can discuss the cards to your lovely heart’s content. Other than that, the Strange Magic team won’t be able to answer questions about the cards or intention setting privately for you without compensation. Thanks for understanding!
- I’m deaf or hard of hearing, will the online workshop be captioned?
- Yes! We can do this. We just need to know well in advance of the online workshop in order to make sure we get a translator for you. Please let us know at email@example.com at least 4 days ahead of the workshop and we will do everything we can to meet your needs. Thank you!
[SOLD OUT] Moonbeaming: The Online Course
October 8th- November 12th, 2018 [SOLD OUT]
This workshop from Sarah Faith Gottesdiener aims to enhance your personal magical practice, and specifically introduce and immerse you into living with the cycles of the Moon. The Moonbeaming course will help you create your own magic in your day-to-day life. While there are technically 9 phases that a magical practitioner can tune into, this course will focus on the 5 major phases of the Moon: Full, Waning, Dark, New, and Waxing. The subtleties of each Moon phase will be introduced and analyzed, and you will learn ways to work with each phase’s energy– magically, spiritually, and practically.
Taught by Sarah Faith Gottesdiener, the material in the Moonbeaming course has been developed over the past 13 years (by Sarah), and is founded in magic, witchcraft, mindful meditation, feminist self-help, and non-religious spirituality. Students can tailor and personalize the discussions and exercises to their own personal practice and pace. In this course, you will receive exclusive content that includes worksheets, meditations, tarot pulls, spells and more.
All levels of practice are welcome. For some, this may be a beginning into a spiritual or magical practice. For others, this course can serve as a gentle yet immersive focus on yourself and your dreams as you finish up the year. This self-study is designed to support you as you deepen your own practice and intuition; students interested in the Moonbeaming workshop should begin the class with one or two issues or themes they’re looking to explore. Clear goals – such as self love, forgiveness, boundaries, etc. – that can be measured and tracked, are key to benefitting from the Moonbeaming workshop. Those goals can be defined anyway but there must be a path of attainment that can be measured. We will be taking a holistic, 360-degree approach to the nuances of each Moon phase and how we work with them in our magic; each segment of the moon phase will require an action towards your specific goal.
Moon time is spiral time – there is no “right” or “wrong” way to experience or connect. This class will ask you to make the needed changes in your psyche and life, and connect you to your mind, body, and spirit more deeply. Even if you only do the bare minimum that is required of you in this course, you will see shifts and changes in your life.
*Please note what we will NOT be diving into deeply: Astrology, and menstrual cycles/bleeding. Sarah is not an astrologer, nor is she a medical professional. You can most certainly augment this class with your own studies/noticing around these realms, as you are taking the online workshop.
Materials: For this online course you will need a journal, a pen, and a tarot or oracle deck. If you feel called to participate in spells and rituals, other materials will be needed, but are flexible. Materials will be hosted on HighTail and lectures on Zoom. You will need access to the internet.
Time Commitment: You will need about 2 hours a week for the class, and at least 1- 2 hours additionally each week for journaling, rituals, and other self-development activities.
The recordings, meditations, tarot pulls, and worksheets are yours to keep forever. Due to the nature of the content provided in the course, refunds are not offered.
Below is a basic outline of dates and times for the live sessions, as well as a brief course overview:
Monday, October 8th 2018
6 pm-8 pm Pacific Standard Time
All About the Moon: traditions, metaphors, the moon in history, the Moon in magic. We will discuss living in Moon time, and all the different ways we can work with the Moon.
Monday, October 15th 2018
6 pm-8 pm PST
The Moon and You: spell work, ritual, and the subconscious. The Moon as a guide to your internal rhythms. Suggestions on how to work through one full Moon cycle. Ways in which to integrate change through mind, body, spirit, and magic.
Monday, October 22nd 2018
6 pm-8 pm PST
Full Moon: All about the Full Moon. Ways to work with Her energy—practical and magical. Tarot cards that resonate with this very potent phase of the Moon. Suggested spells/activities.
Monday, October 29 2018
6 pm-8 pm PST
Waning Moon- to Dark Moon: all about the waning Moon/ dark Moon energy. Ways to work with these phases—practical and magical. Tarot cards that resonate with this phase of the Moon. Supported activities during this time.
Monday, November 5th 2018
6 pm-8 pm PST
New Moon: all about the New Moon. Ways to work with these intentional and seeding energy.
Monday, November 12th 2018
6 pm- 8 pm PST
Waxing Moon: all about this phase. Our energy, our actions. Suggestions on building spells and attracting spells.
Who This Workshop Is For:
- Empowered individuals who are ready to experience their own magic.
- Anyone wishing to deeply commit to a lunar practice, in a supportive environment, for the 7 weeks of the course.
- Anyone who is unsure about how to work through an entire moon cycle in a focused, consistent fashion.
- Anybody hoping to introduce and integrate more spirituality and intuition into their daily life.
- Anyone desiring tools, techniques, and suggestions from a seasoned, practicing, feminist witch.
- Anyone wishing to go inward, to reset and recommit to themselves and their dreams.
- Anybody who is ready and willing to make changes in their life in service of their dreams.
- Someone who is ready to live more in tune with their own natural rhythms and cycles.
- Anybody who is ready to focus on their intuition, their desires, and dreams.
Who This Workshop Is Not For:
- Those seeking mentorship or individual guidance from Sarah. Please sign-up for a Tarot reading if you’re looking for personal inquiries or guidance that’s specific to your life only.
- Anyone who feels like they cannot learn from live lectures, worksheets, Tarot pulls, and/or an assigned partner.
- Anybody who is not an independent learner or who is not ready to look at their shadow, face some fears, and move forward in one or more areas of their life.
- Anyone who is not committed to making changes in their life, taking chances, and developing their intuition.
- Anyone who wants to know solely about lunar astrology— we will briefly touch upon astrology, but Sarah is not an astrologer, and so that will not be the focus of the course at all.
- Anybody who follows a “love and light”, patriarchal, heteronormative way of looking at magic and spirituality.
- Those looking to dip in and out of working on their dreams, goals, and practice. This a class for those with clear goals in regards to their self work.
Sarah Faith Gottesdiener is an artist, designer, writer, and Tarot reader. For the past 6 years, Sarah has taught classes on Moonbeaming, intuition, Tarot, and other metaphysical subjects. For the past 3 years, Sarah has written 6 workbooks guiding readers through the phases of the Moon in real time called Many Moons. Many Moons has gone on to become a cult classic, selling over 30,000 copies and inspiring thousands of people to live in Lunar time. A benefit edition of the past two Many Moons has raised over $20,000 for various grassroots organizations and non-profits, such as Black Lives Matter, and the NAACP Legal Defense Fund. Many Moons will also be a book, published by St. Martins Press, in late 2019/ early 2020. Sarah has been studying the Tarot since 2003, and has given thousands of readings since she began reading professionally in 2011. Learn more about Sarah Gottesdiener here.
To learn more about this upcoming online workshop, sign up for the Moonbeaming newsletter by Sarah Faith Gottesdiener below.
Please Note: this online workshop will be the only opportunity to work with Sarah in a class format for 2018.
If you’ve enjoyed any of my writing, newsletters, services or products consider helping me via PayPal Tip Jar: